6.18.2006

no man is an island

but damn i love being alone sometimes. this weekend my roomie went home for father's day. so it was me, my itunes, 6 new yorker magazines, and my bed. if i had gotten laid, it would have been perfect.

right now my coffe's running through me like a kenyon, and i'm listening to the pixies b-sides. i love life and am obsessed with my colon. obviously. i think i've got a new item for my vernacular, "b-sides". how can we incorporate this into our lingo? let's see. b-sides are the songs the the commercial pricks don't think will fly, but they are still valid enough creations to get out there jerry. do we consider them a little more risky or artisitc? does this mean the hot guy who works at grimey's records is a b-side and the sexy liberal attorney is an a-side? or is b-side just round 2 or more authentic. like is a second date a b-side? it's not as shiny and interviewy as the first, but it is a continuation of the first concept.

like, when i call and ask the dishwasher out again ( i want to hear nothing about the "rules." i am a woman and not afraid to roar), do i say, "hey-let's make a b-side to last thursday's cocktail hour."

or do i say, "that guy is so b-side. look at his van shoes."

hmmm.... will think about this as i run belmont blvd this morning. got to go. getting late.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not about rules, it's playing your game better than he's playing his (your game)

but i know you'll do it anyway (because it's your game), so "make a b-side"

me said...

i will make a b-side phone call, but i will wait another day to do so. can't help it. screw gender rules. he doesn't have to call back.