7.03.2007

ennui

i did not send the following e-mail to a man i have never seen before in my life.
but i wrote it.
i have not yet lost my fucking mind.



Subject: referral from XXXX-YYY-ZZZZ

And fortunately for me, not the professional kind.

Bob-

Your e-mail address has been in my purse for about a month now. XXXX-YYY-ZZZZ gave it to me at a dinner party, after she talked about setting me up with "the sweetest young man."

The "sweetest young man" got vetoed, and she then recommended you. She made it clear that she meant no disparagement; she thinks you're fabulous, but not "sweet". That- coupled with the fact that she mentioned you were a runner??- made this little pink piece of paper with your e-mail on it hard to chunk.
But I'm pitching it.
After I send this e-mail.

Bob- If you're feeling a little spontaneous when you wake up this Sunday, I'll be at insert coffee shop on insert street around 11am, before I catch the noon film at the insert theatre. You could walk by, determine if you find me reasonable to look at, and buy me my second cup of coffee.

Milk.
No sugar.
-insert me

No comments: