1.22.2007

revisionist history

sometimes, i go out and drink too much.
then, i check my cell phone to see whom i have called and texted, trying to piece the night back together in my cloudy little mind. this is all well and good until i realize…

i am a deleter.
i erase incriminating texts while i am in a bathroom stall at, let’s say, a bowling alley and realize that i should not text boys first and must get rid of the evidence that i am an idiot.

then, the next day while scrolling through the past eve's communications in a hungover haze, i live a blissful 3 minutes under the impression that he texted first, which makes me feel okay for engaging in the all night text fiesta.

it even begins to soften the fact that he’s 7 years younger.

then, i have a cloudy memory of the first text,
which was my text,
and realize,
much like the WASPS
i am trying to rewrite history.

well.
at least i am not spreading syphilis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does our brain regenerate? some things were meant to stay disconnected
i am, however, experiencing some success at willfully getting rid of FB

me said...

FB... I wish that I could not remeber FB as well. The night playing pool is carved into my cerebral cortex.

Anonymous said...

what night playing pool? see, working already